The search box
Enter one or more words. You will be able to continue narrowing your search in the discovery tool EDS, where the majority of the library information resources can be found.
Filters in the search box
Articles: Articles from scholarly journals. Using the peer-review facet in the left menu you will limit to articles reviewed by experts in the field.
E-books and printed books: Online books in full text as well as print books. Please note that theses are not found using this filter.
Printed books: Make a request if the book is currently on loan or if you want to collect it at a different branch library.
E-journals: Enter words from the title of the journal to get to the list of e-journals.
Databases: Enter words from the database title or subject area to get to the list of List of databases. Use English terms. Databases often cover large areas and the search terms therefore need to be broad, for example Physics.
Additional search services
Chalmers Publications: In research.chalmers.se you will find information regarding research at Chalmers, projects, researchers and publications.
Student Theses: Theses by Chalmers students is found at studentarbeten.chalmers.se
The libraries are closed
All of our physical libraries are closed until further notice due to Covid-19.
E-books from Dawsonera
A platform with several course books. You can read the e-books online or download them for up to three days.
Print out, copy and make annotations
To make annotations, to print out or to copy text, you need to be online and to have a Dawsonera account. Enter your username and password at Direct login. You can print out and copy a limited number of pages.
We recommend that you avoid making bookmarks or annotations in a downloaded book, they will not be saved.
Download an e-book
- You need Adobe Digital Editions. Other PDF-readers or apps will not work.
- The download may take a moment. It will be interrupted if you shut down the dialog box.
- When expired, the downloaded file will not work but you may download the e-book again.
- Most titles can be dowloaded as PDF. Some titles are instead available as EPUB, a format suitable for reading on mobile devices as the page adjusts to the screen size.
- Unfortunately, Adobe Digital Editions does not have a version for Linux operating system.
Download to computer
- Click on Download ebook and follow the instructions. You need to use Adobe Digtial Editions.
- The first time you are required to authorize Adobe Digital Editions at the Help menu. Tick the box in the lower left corner to authorize without ID.
- Save the file to your computer. It will end with .ascm.
- Open the file with Adobe Digital Editions.
You may find it easier to open the downloaded file from within Adobe Digital Editions. Change to Adobe content server message in the drop-down menu if necessary. Click on Add to library under the File menu.
Download to mobile devices
- You need the app Adobe Digital Editions. (The apps Bluefire reader or Kortex should also work).
- Authorize Adobe Digital Editions with a personal Adobe ID.
- Click on Full Download and follow the instructions.
- Open in Adobe Digital Editions
Please find more information at Dawsonera help page.