The search box
Enter one or more words. You will be able to continue narrowing your search in the discovery tool EDS, where the majority of the library information resources can be found.
Filters in the search box
Articles: Articles from scholarly journals. Using the peer-review facet in the left menu you will limit to articles reviewed by experts in the field.
E-books and printed books: Online books in full text as well as print books. Please note that theses are not found using this filter.
Printed books: Make a request if the book is currently on loan or if you want to collect it at a different branch library.
E-journals: Enter words from the title of the journal to get to the list of e-journals.
Databases: Enter words from the database title or subject area to get to the list of List of databases. Use English terms. Databases often cover large areas and the search terms therefore need to be broad, for example Physics.
Additional search services
Chalmers Publications: In research.chalmers.se you will find information regarding research at Chalmers, projects, researchers and publications.
Student Theses: Theses by Chalmers students is found at studentarbeten.chalmers.se
Restricted library services
During the period 27 September - 30 September, parts of the library's services will not be available due to the change to a new library data system. During this time you will not be able to get a library card, borrow books or request books.
E-books from Ebook Central
A very large platform with e-books in all subjects. You can read online or download the book.
Download or print a chapter permanently
Chose the part of the e-book that you want to download/print.
- Click on the Chapter download icon.
- You may download/print a limited amount of pages this way, often 15-30%.
- A PDF-file is now created that you can save and read in in any PDF-reader. It can also be printed.
Download the complete e-book for a limited period of time
All titles can be dowloaded as PDF. Many titles are also available as EPUB, a format suitable for reading on mobile devices as the page adjusts to the screen size.
When the downloaded book has expired, you can download it again. We recommend that you avoid making bookmarks or annotations in a downloaded book, they will not be saved.
Download to computer
- Click on Full Download and follow the instructions. You need to use Adobe Digtial Editions.
- (Unfortunately, Adobe Digital Editions does not have a version for Linux operating system.)
- The first time you are required to authorize Adobe Digital Editions at the Help menu. Tick the box in the lower left corner to authorize without ID.
- Save the file to your computer. It will end with .ascm
- Open the file with Adobe Digital Editions.
You may find it easier to open the downloaded file from within Adobe Digital Editions. Change to Adobe content server message in the drop-down menu if necessary. Click on Add to library under the File menu.
Download to mobile devices
- You need the app Bluefire Reader.
- Authorize Bluefire Reader with a personal Adobe ID.
- Click on Full Download and follow the instructions.
- Open in Bluefire Reader.
Move your Ebrary account to Ebook Central
Ebook Central replaced Ebrary in August 2016. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to move your old Ebrary bookshelf, annotations etc. to the new platform.
Go to Ebook Central - Click on the question mark if you want further help, for example on how to read online on small devices.